This Week’s Share
|Carrots, Yaya Orange||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Kale, Red Russian||2 bunches||1 bunch|
|Kohlrabi||1 giant bulb||1 large bulb|
|Onions, Cortland||2 each||1 each|
|Parsley, Italian Flat Leaf||2 bunches||1 bunch|
|Sweet Peppers||8 each||4 each|
|Winter Squash, Delicata||2 each||1 each|
- Kohlrabi: Get ready for this fall flavor delight, it is a favorite among the farm crew once again this season. The Kossak and Gigante varieties of kohlrabi in your share this week are not only large in size, but also also big in delicious flavor. With crisp, juicy, mildly sweet flesh it is really great raw. See the recipes from Katherine for some great cooked preparations as well.
The Cooking Continues this Winter
We know that you love Katherine’s recipes on our blog (see this week’s Recipe Post below), and there are two ways your cooking can continue to be inspired by her this winter. Sign up for the Winter Storage Share and receive a free subscription to her Seasonal Recipe Database. Katherine’s database includes over 500+ recipes. Once logged-in you will have 24-hour access to a deep and searchable archive, illustrated by many photos of finished dishes. This means that all recipes, tips, techniques and ideas for all vegetables will be at your fingertips. If, however you choose, not to sign up for the Winter Storage Share you can still individually subscribe to her database for $25/year. Join us for the Winter Share by emailing us at email@example.com. Or visit Katherine’s website www.cookwithwhatyouhave.com to learn more about her database. Either way Katherine will continue to give us all confidence in the kitchen.
Winter is Coming, Don’t Get Left in the Cold
Cold dark nights are fast approaching, and what better way to warm your house and soul then with SIO vegetables all winter long? As hoped, the initial sign-up period for our first Winter Storage Share is going great. That said, now is the time to talk to your household, find a share partner if needed, and get your sign-up underway so you don’t miss out on the exciting opportunity.
Number of Deliveries: 7 (spanning 14 weeks)
Price: $610 (one share size)
The Bounty: beets, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, celeriac, chicories, garlic, herbs, kohlrabi, leeks, onions, parsnips, potatoes, pie pumpkins, daikon radishes, shallots & numerous varieties of winter squash
Quantity: approximately 35 pounds per delivery, intended to last for the 2 weeks between deliveries
Week of December 15 & 29, January 12 & 26, February 9 & 23 and March 9
- N: Grand Central Bakery @ 714 N Fremont
- SE: Grand Central Bakery @ 2230 SE Hawthorne
- SW: Food Front Co-op on SW Capitol Highway
- NW: The Farm 13615 NW Howell Park Rd
- Other possible locations to be announced
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will sign you up for this exciting new option.
Checks can be mailed to: SIO, 20233 NW Sauvie Island Rd. Portland, OR 97231
or Call the office 503-621-6921 to pay by Credit Card