This Week’s Share
|Carrots||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Cilantro||2 bunches||1 bunch|
|Corn||On rotation||On rotation|
|Cucumbers||4 each||2 each|
|Eggplant, Italian Bell
|Kale||2 bunches||1 bunch|
|Onions, Walla Walla Sweets||4 each||2 each|
|Potatoes, Carola||5 pounds||2 ½ pounds|
|Summer Squash||3 pounds||1 ½ pounds|
|Tomatoes, Slicing & Heirloom||On rotation||On rotation|
- Corn: Our first planting of corn has been a bit unpredictable, so Sugarbuns will be going out on a rotation schedule this week. For those of you who missed out on corn last week, that will definitely be in your share this week.
- Onions, Walla Walla Sweets: Enjoy your last wallas of the season, as soon you will begin to see storage onions in your share.
- Potatoes, Carola: You may notice some surface damage on your potatoes this week, but just peel/cut any unsightly spots away and use as usual. We have included a hefty amount to make sure you still have plenty once you get through peeling.
- Tomatoes: Where are they right? We have been wondering the same thing. We definitely have both slicing tomatoes and heirlooms planted, trained, and holding lots of green fruit in our fields, we’ve just been waiting on them to ripen up for harvest. Our tomatoes were transplanted out and subsequently trained a bit later than usual, but even with that we had expected to be harvesting from them by last week for your shares. We have just started to get the first small flushes of ripe fruit in the last week, and will be starting them on rotation in the shares this week. Thank you for your tomato patience, we have plenty of juicy, tangy summer sweetness on the way in September.
Mid-Season Pick-up Reminders
We are at the mid-point of the season, and with that we thought it was about time to remind you all of some pick-up site etiquette to keep in mind as you continue to pick-up and enjoy your share for the next 14 weeks of the season.
- Please COLLAPSE and NEATLY STACK your share container at your pick-up site.
- Please place while plastic lids in the recycling bin provided for you at your pick-up site.
- Please pick-up any vegetable debris you may have dropped while picking up your share.
- Please check-in on the clipboard each week, it is our only way of tracking who has (or hasn’t) picked-up each week.