This Week’s Share
|Arugula||2 bunches||1 bunch|
|Broccoli||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Fennel||4 bulbs||2 bulbs|
|Fresh Garlic||4 bulbs||2 bulbs|
|Kale, Lacinato||2 bunches||1 bunch|
|Lettuce||2 heads||1 head|
|Radishes||2 bunches||1 bunch|
- Fennel: Your fennel this week comes with some of it’s fronds attached. Florence style fennel like this is cultivated for their bulbous and succulent root, although their greens are edible and delicious used as an herb, too. Fennel bulb can be eaten either cooked or raw, and the entire bulb can be eaten except for the tough stem at the base. It has a slightly sweet flavor similar to anise or licorice, but a bit milder and with a pleasant crunch like celery.
- Fresh Garlic: You will notice your garlic this week is more mature with more pronounced clove development then that you received the first week. Treat it as you would cured (dried) garlic, peeling off the outer layer to expose the clove. Store fresh garlic in the refrigerator as it has not been cured for shelf stable storage.
- Kale, Lacinato: Also known as dinosaur kale, this is a black Italian kale variety with deep, blue green ovular leaves. A wonderful, healthful, and cold-hardy crop, kale will be in your share frequently in the early summer and again in the fall.
Important Things to Remember When Picking-up
- Please make sure to read all posted signs and make sure to take the correct share type(s). If you take the wrong share type that means another member misses out on theirs.
- Please check-in on the clipboard each and every week you come to pick-up.
- Remember to return your empty CSA container from last week when you come to pick-up this week.
Planning To Go On Vacation This Season?
We offer two weeks of vacation rescheduling. If you know you will be away for a certain week of pick-up please let us know the date, and which week you would like to receive your double share (double shares exclude Thanksgiving Week). If you will be away for more than two weeks we encourage you to contact a friend/family/co-worker to come pick-up in your place. If finding a replacement is not possible please let us know and we will donate your share.
Sending Someone To Pick-up For You?
That’s great! We love when new people get to experience the joy of picking up a weekly CSA Share. If you are going to send someone that has never been to pick-up before send their email or phone number our way so we can get them all the information needed. They can likewise email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 503.621.6921 with any questions.