This Week’s Share
|Carrots||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Corn||8 ears||4 ears|
|Dill||1 bunch||1/2 bunch|
|Eggplant||1 pounds||1/2 pound|
|Lettuce||1 head||1 head|
|Onions, Red Wing||2 each||1 each|
|Potatoes, Bintje||3 pounds||1 1/2 pounds|
|Summer Squash||1 1/2 pounds||3/4 pounds|
|Tomatoes, Heirloom||1 large or 2 medium size each*||1 medium size each*|
|Tomatoes, New Girl Slicers||5 pounds||2 1/2 pounds|
- Cucumbers: We will be distributing cucumbers this week to any sites that have not yet received one for the season. We are sad to report that the disease that developed in, and killed off entirely, our first planting of cucumber plants has spread to the second planting. With this development in the field we will have a near complete crop failure for our cucumbers this season. While the disease does not affect the quality/edibility of the fruit, it does prevent the plants from further growth and fruit development. While you grieve for the loss of the cucumbers, you can rejoice in the fact that this season still has plenty of bounty to offer and will be making up for the lack of cucumbers with other crops that are thriving here on the farm. The disease we are experiencing is new to us this season and we will be researching potential causes and solutions as we plan for next season.
- Tomatoes, Heirloom: We grow many different heirloom tomato varieties, with a variety colors, shapes, and sizes. Due to the diversity of size in the heirlooms we will be portioning them out as Family and Half portions based on their size in the boxed shares, and Peter will offer you guidance for what to take at Bulk Share pick-up sites. Don’t be put off by heirlooms that aren’t red- they may be green or yellow or orange when ripe.
- Tomatoes, Slicing: It’s time for sauce! The New Girl tomatoes cook down into delicious, sweet and tangy sauce for pasta, pizza, and much more. Make a batch to enjoy fresh, or freeze some to enjoy a splash of summer in the winter months.
Mid-Season Pick-up Reminders
We are at the mid-point of the season, and with that we thought it about time to remind you all of some pick-up site etiquette to keep in mind as you continue to pick-up and enjoy your share for the next 14 weeks of the season.
- Please COLLAPSE and NEATLY STACK your share container at your pick-up site.
- Please place while plastic lids in the recycling bin provided for you at your pick-up site.
- Please pick-up any vegetable debris you may have dropped while picking up your share.
- Please check-in on the clipboard each week, it is our only way of tracking who has (or hasn’t) picked-up each week.
Going on Vacation?
We offer one week of Vacation Rescheduling. If you know you will be away for a certain week of pick-up please let us know the date, and which week you would like to receive your double share (double shares exclude Thanksgiving Week and the last week of CSA). We need at least 24 hours notice to hold a share from delivery, and 1 week advance notice to schedule a double share.
If you will be away for more than one week we encourage you to contact a friend/family/co-worker to come pick-up in your place. If finding a replacement is not possible please let us know and we will donate your share.
Sending a Friend/Spouse/Neighbor/Co-worker to Pick-up Your Share?
Great! We love when other people have the chance to pick-up your share. It’s also important to make sure your replacement has all the details for pick-up, including your Share Type, the location and time for pick-up, and what to do with the containers. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office (503.621.6921) and we are happy to set up your replacement with all the information they need to successfully pick-up your share.