This Week’s Share
|Broccoli||1 pound||1/2 pound|
|Carrots, tops on||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Chard||1 large bunch||1 small bunch|
|Dill||1 large bunch||1 small bunch|
|Garlic||2 each||1 each|
|Lettuce||2 heads||1 head|
|Turnips||3 pounds||1 1/2 pounds|
- Garlic: Your Siberian garlic this week is a hardneck variety, which means it has a central stalk that needs to be removed to separate out the cloves. The garlic this week if fully matured, but not yet cured, which means it is still best stored in your refrigerator and needs to have the layers that haven’t yet dried around the cloves removed before use as well.
CSA Split Payment Reminder
This is a friendly reminder that those of you set-up for split payments, your second installation is due by July 15.
Please send checks to:
Sauvie Island Organics LLC.
20233 NW Sauvie Island Rd
Portland, OR 97231
Happy 4th of July
SIO is wishing you a sunny and vegetable filled Independence Day this week. All deliveries will be taking place on their regularly scheduled day, except those hosted at businesses that fall on Wednesday, July 4th. For University of Portland, North Portland (Edge Fitness), Metro, PSOB, PDC and Ladd’s Addition (Artemis) members, your pick-ups will be on Tuesday 7/3 with no next day pick-up. Please plan to pick-up your share on July 3rd as all businesses will be closed July 4th in recognition of the 4th of July holiday.
Sites with Tuesday 7/3 CSA Pick-up:
- Sellwood Neighborhood
- Richmond Neighborhood
- Lincoln Street Church
- Laurelhurst Neighborhood
- University of Portland
- North Portland (Edge Fitness)
- Ladd’s Addition (Artemis Foods)
Sites with Wednesday 7/4 CSA Pick-up:
- St. John’s Neighborhood
- NE Portland
Sites with Thursday 7/5 CSA Pick-up:
- Hillsdale Food Front
- OHSU Bancroft Building
- OHSU Center for Health & Healing
- Ecotrust Building
- Legacy Good Samaritan
- Friendly House (NW 26th & Thurman)
Save the Date
Your Invited to the SIO Annual Potato Harvest Party & French Fry Feast
Saturday August, 11th 10am-2pm
Enjoy your New Potatoes this week and mark your calendars to join us for our annual Potato Harvest Party & French Fry Feast. This is a very kid friendly event, and in addition to potato harvesting we’ll have fresh french fries at eat and sprinklers to cool you down. Please bring a potluck dish to share. Join us anytime during the event, even just for lunch!