This Week’s Share
|Beets, Cylindra||1 1/2 pounds||3/4 pound|
|Carrots, Bolero Orange & Purple Dragon||3 pounds||1 1/2 pounds|
|Chicory, Radicchio||2 heads||1 head|
|Fennel||2 bulbs||1 bulb|
|Garlic||2 bulbs||1 bulb|
|Shallots||1 pound||1/2 pound|
|Potatoes, Yukon Gem||4 pounds||2 pounds|
|Winter Squash, Butternut||2 each||1 each|
- Beets, Cylindra: A wonderful heirloom from Denmark, this beet was made for slicing. The unique and long cylindrical beet produces much more uniform slices than round beets. They can be peeled raw like a carrot, or roasted whole and used as you would any other beet.
- Carrots: Enjoy both the large orange Bolero carrots, and the Purple Dragon carrots with their vibrant reddish-purple exterior and bright orange beneath the surface. Both types have a sweet and delicious flavor.
Thanksgiving Thoughts from the Farm
As you get together with friends and family this holiday and give thanks for the bounty that the harvest season has to provide we at Sauvie Island Organics want to give you a BIG THANK YOU for supporting community agriculture. We take pride in nourishing hundreds of families around the Portland area, and hope you are proud to call your self a member of SIO. We have just one more week of the season together, and definitely want to see you this winter or back in the spring.
There will be changes to days and/or times to some of our pick-up sites this week due to Thanksgiving.
All Tuesday pick-up sites will be as regularly scheduled on Tuesday, November 25th and pick-up times will be the same.
All Wednesday pick-up sites will be delivered on Wednesday, November 26th by 12pm (noon).
All Thursday pick-up sites will be moved to Tuesday, November 25th and pick-up times will be the same as usual.
Pick-up at the Farm will be from 4:30pm Tuesday, November 25th through 5pm Sunday, November 30.
New Winter Pick-up Site in Northwest Portland
- Number of Deliveries: 7 (spanning 14 weeks)
- Price: $610 (one share size)
- The Bounty: beets, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, celeriac, chicories, garlic, herbs, kohlrabi, leeks, onions, parsnips, potatoes, pie pumpkins, daikon radishes, shallots & numerous varieties of winter squash
- Quantity: approximately 35 pounds per delivery
- Delivery Dates: Week of December 15 & 29, January 12 & 26, February 9 & 23 and March 9
If you have any questions about the Winter Storage Share, or would like to sign-up for this exciting new opportunity please e-mail us here or call our office (503.621.6921).