This Week’s Share
|Cabbage, Savoy||1 large head||1 small head|
|Carrots||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Chicory, Castelfranco||2 heads||1 head|
|Onions, Cortland||2 each||1 each|
|Parsley, Italian Flat Leaf||1 large bunch||1 small bunch|
|Parsnips||3 pounds||1 1/2 pounds|
|Winter Squash, Acorn||2 each||1 each|
- Cabbage: Enjoy your last fresh crisp cabbage of the season.
- Chicory: The beautiful Castelfranco chicory in your share this week, vibrant green flecked with red markings, makes a robust salad ingredient and also performs beautifully with braising, in soups, and sauteed.
- Parsnips: Hooray, it’s parsnip time! The parsnips in your share this week are less mature, and thus can prepared with out any peeling.
Planning for Thanksgiving
The big meal is just around the corner and by now you may be wondering what is in my share for the week of Thanksgiving? For those of you menu planning and making your shopping lists we are providing a preview of the share. Please take note this just forecast and the share is subject to change prior to Thanksgiving week.
|Brussels Sprouts||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Carrots||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Celeriac||2 bulbs||1 bulb|
|Chicory, Radicchio||2 heads||1 head|
|Potatoes, Yukon Gold||4 pounds||2 pounds|
|Shallots||1 pound||1/2 pound|
|Beets, Red||3 pounds||1 1/2 pounds|
|Winter Squash, Butternut||1 each||1 each|
Last Week of Salad Share is this Week
This is a reminder to our Salad Share customers this week (Weeks 25) will be the final week for Salad Shares this season. We appreciate your continued support of SIO, and of course your love for our greens. For those of you that only receive Salad, thanks for another great season. For everyone else, please continue to pick-up your produce share through Week 28 (Dec. 3-5).
Ready for Next Year?
We are putting the final touches on our 2013 Season sign-up system and plan to begin returning member sign-up on November 15. As a current member you receive priority when signing-up in the fall for 2013, and of course we’d love to have you back.
Order Bulk Vegetables from SIO…Celeriac and Kohlrabi Now Available
Are you a juicer? Have friends, neighbors or co-workers eyeing your share? Find your self just needing more SIO? We have a variety of storage crops available for Bulk Purchasing this fall, and we’d like to offer the opportunity to do so to our members and their friends and family
For this coming week please place your order by noon Thursday 11/14. All orders will be available for pick-up at the farm 12pm (Noon) Friday 11/15 through 5pm Sunday 11/17. To place an order email the farm at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, type of Bulk Box(es) you’d like, and the weekend you want them available for pick-up at the farm. You will receive an email confirming your order and directions for how to pick-up it up from the farm. Please invite your non-CSA member friends, neighbors, and co-workers to take advantage of this opportunity and get in on some of the SIO bounty as well.
Bulk Vegetable Box Options:
Bulk Beet Box: $35 for 20lb box (red beets only)
Bulk Carrot Box: $25 for 20lb box
- Bulk Celeriac/Celery Root Box: $50 for 20lb box
- Bulk Kohlrabi Box: $30 for 20lb box
- Bulk Onion Box: $30 for 20lb box
- Red Onions or Yellow Onions or Mixed (please specify type)
- Bulk Potatoes Box: $25 for 20lb box
- Red Potatoes or Yellow Potatoes or Mixed (please specify type)
- Bulk Mixed Box (Type 1): $28 for 20lb box
- Mix of carrots, beets, onions and potatoes
- Bulk Mixed Box (Type 2): $32 for 20lb box
- Mix of carrots, celeriac, kohlrabi, and potatoes