This Week’s Share
|Beets, Red||3 pounds||1 ½ pounds|
|Carrots||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Chicory, Escarole||2 heads||1 head|
|Fennel||2 bulbs||1 bulb|
|Leeks, Tadorna||4 each||2 each|
|Potatoes, Sangre Red||4 pounds||2 pounds|
|Winter Squash, Delicata||4 each||2 each|
- Potatoes: There will be a few more rounds of potatoes before the end of the season, but this will be the last for the Sangre variety. Use these red-skinned white-fleshed beauties your favorite way this week.
- Winter Squash: The Delicata variety in particular has relatively thin skin (so thin you can eat it, no peeling needed) and a creamy and nutty flavor making is great for baking and steaming. Delicata should keep for several weeks in a cool and dry part of the kitchen away from direct sunlight, although due to its thinner skin is known to not keep for quite as long as all the other thicker skinned winter squashes.
For Your Information
Last Week for Salad Share: November 12-14
Last Week for Family & Half Share: December 3-5
Week of Thanksgiving: No pick-ups on Thursday 11/28. All Thursday deliveries will be on Tuesday 11/26. All Wednesday deliveries will be delivered by 12pm (noon) on Wednesday 11/27.
Order Bulk Vegetables from SIO…Celeriac and Kohlrabi Now Available
Are you a juicer? Have friends, neighbors or co-workers eyeing your share? Find your self just needing more SIO? We have a variety of storage crops available for Bulk Purchasing this fall, and we’d like to offer the opportunity to do so to our members and their friends and family
For this coming week please place your order by noon Thursday 11/7. All orders will be available for pick-up at the farm 12pm (Noon) Friday 11/8 through 5pm Sunday 11/10. To place an order email the farm at email@example.com with your name, type of Bulk Box(es) you’d like, and the weekend you want them available for pick-up at the farm. You will receive an email confirming your order and directions for how to pick-up it up from the farm. Please invite your non-CSA member friends, neighbors, and co-workers to take advantage of this opportunity and get in on some of the SIO bounty as well.
Bulk Vegetable Box Options:
Bulk Beet Box: $35 for 20lb box (red beets only)
Bulk Carrot Box: $25 for 20lb box
- Bulk Celeriac/Celery Root Box: $50 for 20lb box
- Bulk Kohlrabi Box: $30 for 20lb box
- Bulk Onion Box: $30 for 20lb box
- Red Onions or Yellow Onions or Mixed (please specify type)
- Bulk Potatoes Box: $25 for 20lb box
- Red Potatoes or Yellow Potatoes or Mixed (please specify type)
- Bulk Mixed Box (Type 1): $28 for 20lb box
- Mix of carrots, beets, onions and potatoes
- Bulk Mixed Box (Type 2): $32 for 20lb box
- Mix of carrots, celeriac, kohlrabi, and potatoes