This Week’s Share
|Brussels Sprouts||4 pounds||2 pounds|
|Carrots||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Celeriac||2 bulbs||1 bulb|
|Potatoes, Yellow||5 pounds||2 1/2 pounds|
|Shallots||12 ounces||6 ounces|
|Winter Squash, Pumpkin||2 each||1 each|
|Winter Squash, Butternut||1 larger each||1 smaller each|
- Brussels Sprouts: This week in your share you will receive your sprouts off the stalk. You may notice some aphid and/or slug damage on the outer layers, so make sure to peel those back before preparing your favorite way.
- Potatoes: The tasty German Butterball and/or Bintje yellow potatoes in your share this week may show some surface damage from wire worm and other soil conditions, and is easily removed with peeling or cutting out as desired.
- Winter Squash, Pumpkin: Yes, I am a Baby Pam pie pumpkin and would love to be used in your Thanksgiving pumpkin pie.
Thanksgiving Thoughts from the Farm
As you get together with friends and family this holiday and give thanks for the bounty that the harvest season has to provide we at Sauvie Island Organics want to give you a BIG THANK YOU for supporting community agriculture. We take pride in nourishing hundreds of families around the Portland area, and hope you are proud to call your self a member of SIO. We have just two more weeks of the season together, and definitely want to see you back in the spring .
Thanksgiving Pick-up Schedule
There will be changes to days and/or times to some of our pick-up sites this week.
- All Tuesday pick-up sites will be as regularly scheduled on Tuesday, November 20th and pick-up times will be the same.
- All Wednesday pick-up sites will be delivered on Wednesday, November 21nd by 12pm (noon). There will be no next day pick-up on Thanksgiving (Thursday, Nov 22nd).
- All Thursday pick-up sites will be moved to Tuesday, November 20th and pick-up times will be the same as usual.
Show Us Your Thanks–Sign-up for 2013!
Show us your thanks and sign-up for the 2013 season. You can go to http://www.sauvieislandorganics.com/join.php, fill out and submit the community farm agreement, pay the deposit and reserve your share of the harvest.
- PAY IN FULL by December 15th, 2012 and receive a THANK YOU BOX of STORAGE VEGGIES
- 20lbs for Full Share and 10lbs for Half Share of mixed roots vegetables and winter squash
- Thank You Box can be delivered to your site with the last pick-up, or picked-up out at the farm by arrangement throughout the month of December
- Pay your deposit by December 15th, 2012 to guarantee the 2012 share pricing.