This Week’s Share
|Carrots||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Corn||on rotation||on rotation|
|Cucumbers||4 each||2 each|
|Eggplant||4 each||2 each|
|Jalapenos||4 each||2 each|
|Lettuce, Romaine||2 heads||1 head|
|Leeks||4 each||2 each|
|Parsley, Italian Flat Leaf||1 large bunch||1 small bunch|
|Summer Squash||on rotation||on rotation|
|Tomatoes, HeirloomTomatoes, Slicing||2 pounds3 pounds||1 pound1 ½ pounds|
- Corn: It’s been a hot summer and we’re ready for sweet corn. Unfortunately this morning’s lightening storm prevented our crew from harvesting corn for our Tuesday pick-up sites, so it’s going out on rotation this week. We keep close track of what each site receives, so if you miss out this week it will be made up in the future.
CSA Pick-up Reminders
The summer heat is on and we thought it was about time to remind you all of some pick-up site etiquette to keep in mind as you continue to pick-up and enjoy your share this season.
- Please only take the share size you have signed-up for. If you take the wrong share type then that leaves another member without a share to pick-up.
- Please COLLAPSE and NEATLY STACK your share container at your pick-up site.
- Please place white plastic lids in the recycling bin at your pick-up site.
- Please pick-up any vegetable debris you may have dropped while picking up your share.
- Please check-in on the clipboard each week, it is our only way of tracking who has (or hasn’t) picked-up each week.
- Vacation Reschedules must be arranged by contacting the farm.
SIO Annual Potato Harvest Party & Potato Salad Feast
Saturday August, 16th 10am-2pm
Join us for our annual Potato Harvest Party & Potato Salad Feast. This is a very kid friendly event, and in addition to potato harvesting we’ll be cooking up offering up fresh potato salad and green salad for eating, and have sprinklers running to cool you down. Please bring a potluck dish to share, as well as blankets and/or chairs for lunch, and a water bottle to keep hydrated. Join us anytime during the event, even just for lunch!
- 10am-12pm Harvest Spuds
- 12pm-1pm Farm Tour
- 1pm-2pm Potluck Lunch
Sauvie Island Organics (Farm Fields)
13615 NW Howell Park Rd
Portland, OR 97231
Parking: When you turn right onto Howell Park Rd. drive down the short hill and you can park in the grass field directly on your left just past the mailboxes. Then walk up the road another 100 yards and you’ll see the sign for Sauvie Island Organics at the end of our driveway. Make your way to the end of our gravel driveway and someone from the farm will be there to greet you.