I. Philosophy of this CSA
Community Supported Agriculture is a relationship beyond a simple exchange of organic produce for cash. It is based on mutual respect between CSA members and the farm community. It is very important that Members be mindful of the following:
- Sauvie Island Organics (SIO) relies on income from the CSA to operate the farm.
- SIO plants and tends crops for months before you, the Member sees the vegetables in your shares. Each share represents the work and attention to detail of the SIO farm crew to seed, transplant, weed, grow and harvest your prepaid shares.
II. Farmer Responsibilities
In accordance with the above described philosophy, SIO works dutifully and in good faith to bring you, the Member the freshest produce possible each week.
III. Member Responsibilities
This CSA operates on a distribution system whereby you, the Member pick up your share from the farm or a pre-determined drop point. Each member shall thoughtfully adhere to the guidelines for picking up their share. To receive the freshest produce possible it is important that your pick up your share on your appointed day and time, otherwise it will be considered unclaimed and will be donated.
IV. Member’s Share
- Each member receives their Share(s) based on the information in their CSA Membership Sign-up.
- Each member shall pick up their share on their appointed day and time appropriate to their selected pickup location and share type. If you have a need to pick up your share outside of the appointed day and time, you can contact SIO at firstname.lastname@example.org (2) days prior to your regular pick up time to request a different pick up. You must receive email confirmation from SIO in order to pick up your share outside the appointed day and time.
- Each Member may switch their pick-up day by providing seven (7) days email notice to SIO during the season. The new pick-up day will become your pick-up day for the duration of the season.
V. Unclaimed Shares
It is our policy that any shares not picked up by the end of the day or closing time of the pickup location will be considered unclaimed and will be donated.
Because you at times go on vacation we allow each Member (2) Vacation Day Holds. Providing (7) days email notice to SIO, members may put their share on hold and request a double share on any other week except the last week of the season.
VII. Refunds and Cancellations
Members understand that when they sign up for a CSA share they are committing to the full CSA season chosen. Members can request to cancel their share in the case of financial hardship, relocation or unresolved lack of satisfaction (unsatisfied customers are asked to allow SIO to attempt to correct a problem before requesting a cancellation). A prorated refund will be issued, less a $75 administrative fee. SIO requires two weeks’ notice to process cancellations. Cancellations must be received (email@example.com) & confirmed by e-mail.