This Week’s Share
|Chard, Rhubard Red||2 bunches||1 bunch|
|Lettuce, Romaine||2 heads||1 head|
|Mizuna||2 bunches||1 bunch|
|Mustard Greens||2 bunches||1 bunch|
|Scallions (Green Onions)||2 bunches||1 bunch|
|Turnips, Hakurei||2 pounds||1 pound|
- Mizuna: Mizuna’s mild, slightly nutty flavor and pleasant chew make it surprisingly versatile. Raw, you can enjoy it almost as you would lettuce, as the base of a salad, in a sandwich, or even as a bed of greens for meat or fish. Alternately, try throwing it in a stir-fry at the last minute, or wilting and serving with a soup or stew.
- Mustard Greens: If you are new to mustard greens then give these a little nibble fresh first as they tend to be packed with spicy kick. The mustardy hot taste mellows when cooked.
- Turnips, Hakurei: Hakurei turnips are of the salad variety, and are great eating fresh in salads or on their own. They also are great in a stir fry, pickled, and in many other preparations.
Important Things to Remember When Picking-up
- Please make sure to read all posted signs and make sure to take the correct share type(s). If you take the wrong share type that means another member misses out on theirs.
- Please check-in on the clipboard each and every week you come to pick-up.
- Remember to return your empty CSA container from last week when you come to pick-up this week.
Sauvie Island Center Offering Summer Farm Camps for Kids
Sauvie Island Center is a non-profit educating kids about food, farming and the land. They are offering several Summer Farm Camp programs in July, and you can find more information about those and how to register on their website (www.sauvieislandcenter.org/camps).