This Week’s Share
|Beets, Red Kestrel||3 pounds||1 1/2 pounds|
|Carrots||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Cilantro||8 ounces||4 ounces|
|Jalapenos||4 each||2 each|
|Kale, Lacinato||1 bunch||1/2 bunch|
|Onions, Walla Wallas||4 each||2 each|
|Summer Squash||2 pounds||1 pound|
|Tomatoes, Slicing||4 each||2 each|
- Eggplant: The Japanese eggplant are just starting to come on for harvest, and starting this week we will be sending them out on a rotation. This week all Wednesday pick-up locations will receive Japanese eggplant in their shares.
- Jalapenos: It’s going to be a HOT HOT HOT week, so cool down with some spiced up salsa. Combine jalapeno with the tomato, onion and cilantro for a delicious blend of flavors. Start small with these spicy little peppers, and work your way to your preferred heat level.
- Onions, Walla Walla Sweets: Enjoy your last sweet onions of the season by cooking up a fresh batch of onion rings. Just a quick dip in a homemade batter, fry in a skillet and indulge.
Hot Weather Reminders
With the weather forecast in the 90’s-100’s for this week we wanted to remind you all of a few important details in regards to your share:
- If your pick-up location is located outside please be sure to pick-up as close to the start time as possible. Although all shares are in the shade, the high heat may affect the produce if exposed for long periods of time.
- Please minimize the amount of time your share is in the car. Cars heat up very quickly in hot weather and your share will be affected by exposure to high heat in your car.
- Give your produce a quick cold water rinse before storing in your refrigerator.
Thank You Potato Harvesters
Thank you to everyone who came out to the farm this past Saturday to help with potato harvesting and french fry feasting. We brought in over 2500 pounds of potatoes and enjoyed having everyone out here for a day on the farm.